[comp.sys.mac] AW changes mind

barad@othello.usc.edu (Herb Barad) (08/05/87)

In article <348@swanee.OZ> gustav@swanee.OZ (Gustav) writes:
>Now about LaTeX: Addison Wesley advertised that LaTeX and AMSTeX would
>be available together with TeXtures 1.0 in the beginning of 1987. Yet,
>it is already the second half of 1987 and down here in Australia, they
>still don't know anything about these products. Is there any hope to
>see them still this year? Does anybody know Addison Wesley's e-mail
>address?

Addison Weseley changed their mind.  LaTeX (I don't know about AMSTeX)
will now be a separate product.  When I ordered Textures about a year
ago (it was called MacTex back then), they said that LaTeX would be
bundled with it.  Now it costs another $45.  They did this AFTER I
paid for Textures and they will NOT live up to their past agreements.
This is absolutely the wrong way to treat people.  Textures 1.0 should
be out by the end of August (so I was told), but I would NOT be
getting LaTeX.  I am not satisfied with this.  Paying another $45 for
something that was promised to be included in a product of about $500
does not seem right.  (I don't know their net address, but I wish I did).

It's that ol' Upgrade Shuffle Game...

Herb Barad	[USC - Signal and Image Processing Institute]
email:	barad@brand.usc.edu	or
	...!sdcrdcf!oberon!brand!barad