[comp.sys.mac] Help.. Accessing LaserWriter's PAP routines

rcopm@koel.rmit.oz (Paul Menon) (08/03/87)

hi,
  I am looking at making a program to download unix PostScript files to
a LW via a Mac's serial ports: ie one Appletalk and one RS-232.  It may take
the form of an INIT program or even standalone (in the first instance).  This
will allow unix and Macs to access the LW.

  I would appreciate some help in getting to the PAP routines embedded in
the relevant driver (eg LaserWriter), namely the resource no's of PAPOPen etc.
I have noted that MacTutor had at one time shown a spool program in Megamax C,
but there were a few hacks.  I have a 1985 version of Oppenheimer's PostScript
dump program from Inside LaserWriter and am wondering whether any leads to
implementing the Pascal interface stubs. I will be using LightSpeed Pascal.
If it comes down to it I may have to dive in with a disassembler/debugger.

Thankyou,

Paul Menon.

    Dept of Communication & Electronic Engineering,
    Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology,
    124 Latrobe St, Melbourne, 3000, Australia

ACSnet: rcopm@koel             UUCP: ...!seismo!munnari!koel.rmit.oz!rcopm
CSNET:  rcopm@koel.rmit.oz     ARPA: rcopm%koel.rmit.oz@seismo
BITNET: rcopm%koel.rmit.oz@CSNET-RELAY
PHONE:  +61 3 660 2619.

rcopm@koel.rmit.oz (Paul Menon) (08/06/87)

In article <270@koel.rmit.oz>, rcopm@koel.rmit.oz (Paul Menon) writes:
>   I would appreciate some help in getting to the PAP routines embedded in
> the relevant driver (eg LaserWriter), namely the resource no's of PAPOPen etc.
> I have noted that MacTutor had at one time shown a spool program in
> Megamax C,
> but there were a few hacks.
  If I had only looked at the July's issue, my questions would have been
answered.  Apologies to those who took offence.