[comp.sys.mac] QMS PS Printers Query

mo@well.UUCP (Maurice Weitman) (08/05/87)

Well, it's a couple of months after Macworld's rave review of the
QMS PS-800 Plus printer, and I'm considering buying one.  Has any
MacNetter had any experience with them?

(Yes, I know it's less than a week to Boston.)

Thanks in Berkeley.  (Close to Advance.)
--
Maurice Weitman           ..!{dual,hplabs,lll-crg,ptsfa,glacier}!well!mo
 | <- this is not a pipe   POBox 10019 Berkeley, CA  94709  (415)549-0280
Quote:  "What a revoltin' development this is." Maurizio T. Butthead, 1986
Disclaimer:  Any errors in spelling, tact or fact are transmission errors.

pgn@osupyr.UUCP (Paul G. Nevai) (08/08/87)

In article <3676@well.UUCP> mo@well.UUCP (Maurice Weitman) writes:
>Well, it's a couple of months after Macworld's rave review of the
>QMS PS-800 Plus printer, and I'm considering buying one.  Has any
>MacNetter had any experience with them?
>
>(Yes, I know it's less than a week to Boston.)
>
>Thanks in Berkeley.  (Close to Advance.)
>--
>Maurice Weitman           ..!{dual,hplabs,lll-crg,ptsfa,glacier}!well!mo
> | <- this is not a pipe   POBox 10019 Berkeley, CA  94709  (415)549-0280
>Quote:  "What a revoltin' development this is." Maurizio T. Butthead, 1986
>Disclaimer:  Any errors in spelling, tact or fact are transmission errors.

Having read the MacWorld article on Laser Printers I went with QMS. Actually,
it is now called PS JET+ and is identical to the one reviewed by MacWorld.
I negotiated a real good deal, approximately the same what the LaserWriter
Plus is (with all university discounts). Combined with SuperMac's LaserSpooler
it works great.Functionally it is identical to LaserWriter and physically
it is 80% identical to all other Canon based printers. Mine has PostScript
version 46.1 and comes with a 90 warranty. A strongly recommend it.

(I suspect I got a good deal because I drew the attetion of the salesman to
the MacWorld article, and then insisted on a Finder's fee (pun intended))

Have Orthogonal Polynomials
Will Travel

Paul Nevai                                pgn@osupyr.uucp (PREFERRED)
Department of Mathematics                 nevai-p@osu-eddie.uucp
The Ohio State University                 73057,172.Compu$erve
231 West Eighteenth Avenue                TS1171@OHSTVMA.bitnet
Columbus, OH 43210, U.S.A.                1-614-292-5688