[comp.sys.mac] Aztec C 3.4b

tomc@mntgfx.MENTOR.COM (Tom Carstensen) (08/07/87)

I also was about ready to give up on Aztec C, (as was
Bradford Needham in another article), when v1.06i did
not work on the SE.  Now that I've recieved v3.4b, Manx
has finally made Atzec C the best, most complete C
compiler around.  They support MPW, 68881, 68020 (Mac II)
and much more.  Although their source level debugger
'sdb' was not ready to be shipped, they assured me that
they will send me a copy with their 3.5b release.
    I also got immediate response to 2 bugs that I
reported.  One had no current fix (Improper compilation
of a 'pascal short' function using the +N option), but the
other bug I found in the shell responded with shipping me
a new SHELL withing a day of my bug report.
    My faith is back in Aztec C.

: Tom Carstensen              Usenet: tomc@mntgfx.MENTOR.COM :
: Mentor Graphics             GEnie:                         :

dwb@apple.UUCP (David W. Berry) (08/10/87)

In article <854@mntgfx.MENTOR.COM> tomc@mntgfx.MENTOR.COM (Tom Carstensen) writes:
(says concerning Aztec C)
>and much more.  Although their source level debugger
>'sdb' was not ready to be shipped, they assured me that
Of course not.  Their sdb is one of the longest standing vaporware
products I can think of.  It's being promised for longer than Word
Tools :-)

Disclaimer:  This has nothing to do with apple and I don't use
	Word Tools or Manx C and have nothing to do with either
	of the primaries, although I was impressed with Manx's
	first C compiler, written for C/PM it was quite impressive.
--
	David W. Berry
	dwb@well.uucp                   dwb@Delphi