[comp.sys.mac] Safeware and Servant .951

newton@cit-vax.UUCP (08/11/87)

Sorry I forgot my .signature (damn readnews; it's only 5 lines!) (is there
a way around this?) on the safeware posting.

Another subject: has any one been running Servant .951 on a Mac II?  I get
lots of Bombs, or at best, it runs out of memory after 1 program.  Looks
real nice if I could ever get it running.

Finally, does anyone have the ordering information for the manual for
Servant?  I dont have a printer, and havent been able to get the address/
price out of it.

Thanks,
- mike

newton@csvax.caltech.edu	{ucbvax!cithep,amdahl}!cit-vax!newton
Caltech 256-80			818-356-6771 (afternoons,nights)
Pasadena CA 91125		Beach Bums Anonymous, Pasadena President

	Life's a beach.  Then you graduate.

peter@aucs.UUCP (08/12/87)

I've just downloaded Servant .951 and have tried it out. It has some
interesting features, but one I would like a rationale for is the
"Zoom" feature. I can think of a *lot* of things I would rather have
than enlarged file icons (in various sizes even!). For example, I
rarely even use "View by Icon", but use "View by Name" instead, and
that is one feature Servant seems to lack.

Comments?

Peter W. Steele     UUCP     : {seismo|watmath|utai|garfield}!dalcs!aucs!Peter
Acadia University   BITNET   : {Peter|pws}@Acadia
Wolfville, N.S.     Internet : {Peter|pws}%Acadia.BITNET@WISCVM.WISC.EDU
Canada  B0P 1X0     PHONEnet : (902) 542-2201x121

fritz@utastro.UUCP (Fritz Benedict) (08/12/87)

In article <405@aucs.UUCP>, peter@aucs.UUCP (Peter Steele) writes:
> ... interesting features, but one I would like a rationale for is the
> "Zoom" feature. I can think of a *lot* of things I would rather have
> than enlarged file icons (in various sizes even!).
> Comments?

Zoom is a blessing for the visually impaired. Not everyone sees as well as
we.

Fritz Benedict  (512)471-3448
uucp: {allegra,ihnp4}!{noao,ut-sally}!astro.AS.UTEXAS.EDU!fritz
arpa: fritz@ut-ngp.arpa
snail: Astronomy, U of Texas, Austin, TX  78712

--

chuq%plaid@Sun.COM (Chuq Von Rospach) (08/12/87)

>I've just downloaded Servant .951 and have tried it out. It has some
>interesting features, but one I would like a rationale for is the
>"Zoom" feature. I can think of a *lot* of things I would rather have
>than enlarged file icons (in various sizes even!). For example, I
>rarely even use "View by Icon", but use "View by Name" instead, and
>that is one feature Servant seems to lack.

Andy is very involved in making computers accessible to the physically
impaired.  The various icon sizes are one way of making the mac more useful
to those with vision problems.

chuq
Chuq Von Rospach	chuq@sun.COM		Delphi: CHUQ

We live and learn, but not the wiser grow -- John Pomfret (1667-1703)

bytebug@felix.UUCP (Roger L. Long) (08/13/87)

In article <405@aucs.UUCP> peter@aucs.UUCP (Peter Steele) writes:
>I've just downloaded Servant .951 and have tried it out. It has some
>interesting features, but one I would like a rationale for is the
>"Zoom" feature. I can think of a *lot* of things I would rather have
>than enlarged file icons (in various sizes even!).

Zooming out works great in a folder with a lot of files and one of the
big-screen displays.
--
	Roger L. Long
	FileNet Corp