[comp.sys.mac] panasonic Imagewriter-compatible printer

cohen@pluto.UUCP (David Cohen) (08/11/87)

After calling up Panasonic, I decided to order one of their KXP 1080 AP printers
that had been discussed here a short time ago. It seems that the model has
been discontinued--looks like another marketing "miracle"--and that it is
in short supply. While everyone has the 1080 i, the IBM version, the AP (mac
compatible) version is all out except at Lyco Computer, where one of the original posters bought his. They have lowered the price to $239.95 + $12.95 for
shipping so it will cost $252.90. I ordered mine a week from last friday--I
am told it should be in in a day or two. If you want this, you might want to
call them at 1-800-233-8760 and see what they've got--I was told that they tried
to get as many of them as they could and that they were going fast, but that
they still had some left.

__
DC

P.S. Panasonic said, to answer my question posted here, that the printer will
need a transformer for overseas use but that it should work and not break down
because of over-heating of any of the usual problems that non-adjustableprinterse
go through (like the Imagewriter ll, from what I am given to understand) in
a 220 V 50 Hz. enviroment. THey said that the speed might be affected but they
didn't expect the print quality to be degraded. Any hardware people out there
want to comment, since I'd really like to take it to Israel if I can.

howard@mtunj.UUCP (08/14/87)

In article <515@pluto.UUCP> cohen@pluto.UUCP (David Cohen) writes:
>After calling up Panasonic, I decided to order one of their KXP 1080 AP printers
>compatible) version is all out except at Lyco Computer, where one of the original posters bought his. They have lowered the price to $239.95 + $12.95 for
>shipping so it will cost $252.90. I ordered mine a week from last friday--I
>am told it should be in in a day or two. If you want this, you might want to
>call them at 1-800-233-8760 and see what they've got--I was told that they tried

Just HOW compatible is it with th imagewriter (I or II)? Can I use a
Thunderscanner on it?
		Howard Moskovitz
	AT&T Bell Labs @ Liberty Corner, NJ
		ihnp4!io!howard