[comp.sys.mac] TML Modula-2 Questions

marti@ethz.UUCP (08/17/87)

[annual line eater sacrifice]

Can anybody out there tell me if TML Modula-2 for the Mac is available
and how I can get it?

According to a seminar anouncement in the April 87 APDAlog, TML Modula-2
is an MPW development tool.  Does this mean that it is (or will be)
available thru APDA?  Does it mean that it only runs under the MPW
development environment?  Since it has the TML prefix, will it be
available from TML?

Bob
--
Robert Marti                    Phone:       +41 1 256 52 36
Institut fur Informatik

maiden@sdcsvax.UCSD.EDU (VLSI Layout Project) (08/19/87)

In article <180@bernina.UUCP> marti@ethz.UUCP (Robert Marti) writes:
:
: Can anybody out there tell me if TML Modula-2 for the Mac is available
: and how I can get it?
:
: According to a seminar anouncement in the April 87 APDAlog, TML Modula-2
: is an MPW development tool.  Does this mean that it is (or will be)
: available thru APDA?  Does it mean that it only runs under the MPW
: development environment?  Since it has the TML prefix, will it be
: available from TML?
:
: Bob
: --
: Robert Marti                    Phone:       +41 1 256 52 36
: Institut fur Informatik
: ETH Zentrum/SOT                 CSNET/ARPA:  marti%ifi.ethz.ch@relay.cs.net
: CH-8092 Zurich, Switzerland     UUCP:        ...seismo!mcvax!ethz!marti

   TML Modula-2 is available from TML.  It is an MPW tool and therefore
   requires the basic MPW shell to run.  It is based somewhat on the
   Modula-68000 compiler written by N. Wirth's group.

   For more specific information, you might try calling:
      Keith Nemitz at (206) 824-8630 or
      Bob Cambell (sp?) at (206) 252-6897.

   Keith wrote some of the Macintosh interface code, and Bob did the
   compiler.  Bob's number is his work number, and Keith's is his
   home number (I think).  Keith presently works at the APDA APPLE
   group, so you might try him there; he is editor of CALL-Mac, or
   whatever that journal is called.

   I know both of these programmers from my days at the Seattle Area
   Macintosh Programmer's Group.  I've seen the compiler and it
   should produce good code; it is also quite fast.

--
 Edward K. Y. Jung
 The Deep Thought Group: Searching for a better way to think.

jww@sdcsvax.UCSD.EDU (Joel West) (08/19/87)

In article <180@bernina.UUCP>, marti@ethz.UUCP (Robert Marti) writes:
> Can anybody out there tell me if TML Modula-2 for the Mac is available
> and how I can get it?

It is available from TML.

> According to a seminar anouncement in the April 87 APDAlog, TML Modula-2
> is an MPW development tool.  Does this mean that it is (or will be)
> available thru APDA?  Does it mean that it only runs under the MPW
> development environment?

The compiler requires the MPW shell.  I believe as of today you
have to buy MPW separately, but other arrangments are in the works.

It should be available from both TML and APDA, take
your pick.
--
	Joel West  (c/o UCSD)
	Palomar Software, Inc., P.O. Box 2635, Vista, CA  92083