[comp.sys.mac] Need FullPaint to look like MacPaint

randy@chinet.UUCP (Randy Suess) (08/13/87)

	Is there a way to modify FullPaint so that double klicking
on MacPaint picture files will bring up Full rather than MacPaint?

Thanks..
-randy

--
that's the biz, sweetheart.....
Randy Suess

chuq%plaid@Sun.COM (Chuq Von Rospach) (08/14/87)

In article <1405@chinet.UUCP> randy@chinet.UUCP (Randy Suess) writes:

>	Is there a way to modify FullPaint so that double klicking
>on MacPaint picture files will bring up Full rather than MacPaint?

Yes.  Use resedit to change the signature on fullpaint to match that
of Macpaint. This was mentioned in macuser a while back, I believe. Once
you do that, it should work fine.

chuq
Chuq Von Rospach	chuq@sun.COM		Delphi: CHUQ

We live and learn, but not the wiser grow -- John Pomfret (1667-1703)

sysop@stech.UUCP (Jan Harrington) (08/15/87)

in article <1405@chinet.UUCP>, randy@chinet.UUCP (Randy Suess) says:

> 	Is there a way to modify FullPaint so that double klicking
> on MacPaint picture files will bring up Full rather than MacPaint?

You can't modify FullPaint, but you can fix the MacPaint pictures so
that they will launch FullPaint.  What you need is a utility like MacTools
(which comes with Copy II Mac) which will allow you to change the creator
of a file.  First, look at FullPaint and find out what its 4 character
file type is (or somebody on this forum may know ...).  Then modify the
creator of your MacPaint files to that file type.  Then, double-clicking
on the MacPaint pictures will launch FullPaint.

Once MacPaint pictures have been opened with FullPaint, by the way, you
can save them as FullPaint files (with the Save option from the File
menu).  From then on they will be completely FullPaint files and will have
forgotten that they were once MacPaint files.  That's just about as easy
as changing their creator.

Jan Harrington, sysop
Scholastech Telecommunications
seismo!husc6!amcad!stech!sysop

mentat@auscso.UUCP (Robert Dorsett) (08/20/87)

In article <127@stech.UUCP> sysop@stech.UUCP (Jan Harrington) writes:
in article <1405@chinet.UUCP>, randy@chinet.UUCP (Randy Suess) says:
 >> 	Is there a way to modify FullPaint so that double klicking
 >> on MacPaint picture files will bring up Full rather than MacPaint?
 >
 >You can't modify FullPaint, but you can fix the MacPaint pictures so
 >that they will launch FullPaint.  What you need is a utility like MacTools
 >(which comes with Copy II Mac) which will allow you to change the creator
 >of a file.

There is a PD utility out that will convert MacPaint documents en masse to
FullPaint docs.  If anyone's interested, I'll upload it to comp.binaries.mac.

--
Robert Dorsett                          {allegra,seismo}!sally!ngp!walt!mentat
University of Texas at Austin           {allegra,seismo}!sally!ngp!mentat