    From: andrews@apple.UUCP (Richard Andrews)
    Newsgroups: comp.protocols.appletalk
    Subject: Mac File Representation
    Date: 22 Aug 87 22:36:51 GMT

    Here is our first attempt at a proposal for representing Mac files
    on other file systems.  Please circulate it freely.  I welcome
    comments and suggestions, with the following caveat:

    PLEASE KEEP YOUR COMMENTS BRIEF AND CONCISE.  I EXPECT A LOT OF
    FEEDBACK AND I CAN'T POSSIBLY WADE THROUGH A WHOLE LOT OF MATERIAL.
    I CANNOT REPLY TO EVERYONE PERSONALLY.

It proposes two file formats, AppleSingle and AppleDouble, which
represent a file on another file system (e.g. UNIX or MS-DOS) as
either one file, or two files, respectively.

Further information and discussion can be found in comp.protocols.appletalk.
--
	Joel West  (c/o UCSD)
	Palomar Software, Inc., P.O. Box 2635, Vista, CA  92083