[comp.sys.mac] Rogue Clone Probs.

ghoti@killer.UUCP (Alan Perry) (08/23/87)

Hi,
  I just upgraded to the new system on the mac (4.1)....I know, I know, I took
my sweet time about it....Well, much to my surprise and disappointment, I
found that Rogue Clone would not work on it.  It gave me some weird looking
characters, and didn't erase them right, etc.  If the author(s) would be so
kind as to look into it, I would very much appreciate it.

- Alan

holmes@dalcs.UUCP (Ray Holmes) (08/25/87)

In article <1395@killer.UUCP> ghoti@killer.UUCP (Alan Perry) writes:
>Hi,
>  I just upgraded to the new system on the mac (4.1)....I know, I know, I took
>my sweet time about it....Well, much to my surprise and disappointment, I
>found that Rogue Clone would not work on it.  It gave me some weird looking
>characters, and didn't erase them right, etc.  If the author(s) would be so
>kind as to look into it, I would very much appreciate it.
>
>- Alan

This is a known bug which (to date) I have been to lazy to fix.  There is an
easy workaround  --  ALWAYS EXIT the initial dialog by hitting RETURN.  If you
click the mouse on "OK" the font (how?) reverts to Chicago (scaled to 9 points).

					 Ray

Ray Holmes, Department of Math., Stats., & C.S., Dalhousie U., Halifax, N.S.
holmes@dalcs.UUCP			BITNET or UUCP
holmes@cs.dal.cdn			BITNET or CDN
holmes%dalcs.UUCP@seismo.ARPA		ARPA

ghoti@killer.UUCP (Alan Perry) (08/26/87)

Hi,

I just wanted to thank all the people who sent me help on the question about
the weird font on Rogue-Clone.  As you have probably seen already, I found out
that there is some sort of bug which makes the game revert to Chicago-9 (?)
when you click on OK.  Just press return.

Thanks again!
- Ghoti (that's pronounced "fish"
            GH as in lauGH
             O as in wOmen