[comp.sys.mac] MacTerminal 2.2 problem

darryl@ism780c.UUCP (Darryl Richman) (09/01/87)

I'm having a problem with MacTerminal 2.2.  I recently upgraded
my Mac+ to 4.1/5.3 and obtained the 2.2 version of MacTerminal.
However, MacTerminal now complains "This document is incompatible
with this version of MacTerminal", even when open the application
itself!  Furthermore, this seems to have infected my older
MacTerminal as well, because my 1.1 version now says it as well.
I'm running from a Jasmine 20Mb disk, but that doesn't seem to
be the problem because I still get the message when I boot
from a floppy and run off the hard disk...  advTHANKSance,

--
Copyright (C) 1987 Darryl Richman	INTERACTIVE Systems Corporation
    The views expressed above are	...!cca!ima!ism780c!darryl

hpai@smittys.UUCP (09/02/87)

In article <7195@ism780c.UUCP> darryl@ism780c.UUCP (Darryl Richman) writes:
>I'm having a problem with MacTerminal 2.2.  I recently upgraded
>my Mac+ to 4.1/5.3 and obtained the 2.2 version of MacTerminal.
>However, MacTerminal now complains "This document is incompatible
>with this version of MacTerminal", even when open the application
>itself!

Yes, I noticed this strange behavior too.  The fix is fairly simple.  Pull out
your old MacTerminal 2.0 and create a MacTerminal document with it.  Believe
it or not, MacTerminal 2.2 recognizes 2.0 documents, but not its own!  It does
put its signature onto NEW documents, but not onto old ones.  In other words,
you can save settings onto a 2.0 document and MacTerminal 2.2 will still
accept it!

(If any replies are to be sent, send to u-cdmorr@ug.utah.edu)

 Disclaimer: I claim dis viewpoint.  I welcome discussion and comments
 because, after all, what good is an opinion if you can't change it!!!
 ___                                              | USPS
/     | ~ |\ |\    /|/|/|           ~             | Clifford Morrison
|     | | || ||     | | |  /\ |/ |/ |  /\  /\ |/| | 2950 Upland Drive
`___  | | |/ |/     | | |  \/ |  |  | /  ) \/ | | | Salt Lake City, UT
          |\ |\                                   |              84109