[comp.sys.mac] Ukrainian version of the Cyrillic Alphabet

gig@ritcv.UUCP (Gordon Goodman) (09/05/87)

I am looking for a Ukrainian version of the cyrillic alphabet for the Mac.
The font will be printed on an Imagewriter.   For those of you who are not
familliar with cyrillic, the Russian alphabet, what comes to mind first
when people think of cyrillic, is not the same as the Ukrainian cyrillic
alphabet.  And that is the problem.  There are several Russian versions around
but they cannot be used to write Ukranian.

A lead on a source for a modestly priced font or one in the public domain
would be much appreciated.  If possible, I would prefer to locate rather than
create a Ukrainian version.

Nosdorolya,

socha@drivax.UUCP (Henri J. Socha (x6251)) (09/08/87)

In article <642@ritcv.UUCP> gig@ritcv.UUCP (Gordon Goodman) writes:
>I am looking for a Ukrainian version of the cyrillic alphabet for the Mac.
>The font will be printed on an Imagewriter.

>Nosdorolya,
CasadyWare
P.O. Box 223779
Carmel CA 93922
(800) 331-4321 (US)
(800) 851-1986 (CA)
(408) 646-4660 (Information 9-5 Pcific time)
The first two numbers are a 24 HR answering/ordertaking service I think.

If Ukranian is not in Fluent Fonts (Includes Cyrillic) then
Fluent Laser Fonts Number 9 Is said to be
Russian, Ukrainian, Bulgarian, Serbian.  (Non-Cyrillic may be unusual key
layout.  My wife said that some keys were Old Russian (Pre-Revoluionary).

They are Postscript font but come with bitmap fonts that may serve
your purposes.  Time was spent to make bit-mapped nice but only a few
sizes were done.  Full Family fonts included (Bold,Italic, B&I).

I have no connection with CasadyWare except as a friend and the designer
of their laser fonts does the newsletter for the local Club Mac (and more).
--
UUCP:...!amdahl!drivax!socha                                      WAT Iron'75
"Everything should be made as simple as possible but not simpler."  A. Einstein