[comp.sys.mac] VLSI tools on Mac-2's?

mccrosky@sask.UUCP (Carl Mccrosky) (09/04/87)

Has anyone ported any of the widespread VLSI layout tools to Mac-2's?

						carl mccrosky
						mccrosky@sask.bitnet

leeke@glacier.STANFORD.EDU (Steven D. Leeke) (09/09/87)

In article <833@sask.UUCP> mccrosky@sask.UUCP (Carl Mccrosky) writes:

>Has anyone ported any of the widespread VLSI layout tools to Mac-2's?
>
>						carl mccrosky
>						mccrosky@sask.bitnet

A recent MS graduate from Stanford who is a major player in Apple's A/UX
development team and another student still here ported UCB's Magic over
to AU/X under X just before AppleWorld earlier this year.  Total port
time was ~11 hours - straight.  They cut the tape/floppies(?) two hours
before taking off from SFO.  I have no idea if Apple will support either
X or release a Magic port.

Steve Leeke

--
Steven D. Leeke, Center for Integrated Systems, Stanford University
    {ucbvax,decvax}!decwrl!glacier!leeke, leeke@glacier.stanford.edu

"I suppose they don't use money in the 23rd century?"