[comp.sys.mac] Word 3.01 and Date Format

jdm@ut-ngp.UUCP (Jim Meiss) (09/11/87)

	When I use the glossary, or the header icons to insert the date
into a Word 3.01 document it comes out in the format
			9/11/87
I've looked through the manual, and on every possible menu, etc. to find out
how to change this to the more reasonable
			Sept. 11,1987
but can't find it. Does this mean I have to go into the international resource
or something equally absurd?
	Surely there must be an easy way to do this!

				Thanks
                                Jim Meiss
                                jdm@ngp.UTEXAS.EDU

moriarty@tc.fluke.COM (Jeff Meyer) (09/14/87)

In article <6218@ut-ngp.UUCP> jdm@ut-ngp.UUCP (Jim Meiss) writes:
>	When I use the glossary, or the header icons to insert the date
>into a Word 3.01 document it comes out in the format
>			9/11/87
>I've looked through the manual, and on every possible menu, etc. to find out
>how to change this to the more reasonable
>			Sept. 11,1987
>but can't find it. Does this mean I have to go into the international resource
>or something equally absurd?
>	Surely there must be an easy way to do this!

I don't know of any easy way to do it with Word 3.01 itself -- but I have an
FKey that inserts the current date in whatever style I like at the current
cursor position, and I use that in Word.

You're right, though -- it is ridiculous that Word doesn't have this option.

                        "Murphy, I'm a mess!"
                                           "That's OK.  They'll fix you.
                                            They fix everything."

                                        Moriarty, aka Jeff Meyer
INTERNET:     moriarty@tc.fluke.COM
Manual UUCP:  {uw-beaver, sun, allegra, hplsla, lbl-csam}!fluke!moriarty
CREDO:        You gotta be Cruel to be Kind...