[comp.sys.mac] Controlling Button Size in HyperCard

kdmoen@watcgl.UUCP (09/16/87)

jlc@atux01.UUCP (J. Collymore) writes:
>Also, when you create a new button it is always oblong (emphasis on "long")
>and it occupies more space on the Home Card than is necessary.  Is there a way
>to make newly created buttons smaller and square (like the ones that are the
>default buttons in the stack).

Well, you can change the size of a button created using "New Button"
by dragging on one of its corners.

An alternate method for creating buttons (one that I use all the time)
is to hold down the command key while using the button tool, and drag:
you get a rubber band rectangle (just like the rectangle tool in MacPaint)
which defines the boundaries of a new button.
--
Doug Moen
University of Waterloo Computer Graphics Lab