[comp.sys.mac] Lightspeed / MegaMax problem

thorunn@krafla.UUCP (Thorunn Palsdottir) (09/15/87)

We are changing a MegaMax C program  to run under  LightSpeed C.  When linking
we get an error saying that DisableItem and
EnableItem are undefined.  According to the manual those functions should be
in the MacTraps Library.

We are using LightSpeed C version 2.11.

Has anyone a solution to this problem ???

Also the compiler complains about the following being undefined:
       herald, fstats, tstats, rdebu, sdebu and unchar
If anyone can help us we would very much appreciate it.

--
	Thorunn Palsdottir      University of Iceland
                                Computing Center

jwhitnel@csib.UUCP (09/17/87)

In article <12@krafla.UUCP| thorunn@krafla.UUCP (Thorunn Palsdottir) writes:
|We are changing a MegaMax C program  to run under  LightSpeed C.  When linking
|we get an error saying that DisableItem and
|EnableItem are undefined.  According to the manual those functions should be
|in the MacTraps Library.

Check that the spelling and capilization is the same as Inside Mac.  Otherwise
LightspeedC won't recoginize them as traps.

|We are using LightSpeed C version 2.11.
|
|Has anyone a solution to this problem ???
|
|Also the compiler complains about the following being undefined:
|       herald, fstats, tstats, rdebu, sdebu and unchar

I don't recoginize these.  Could you be forgetting an include file or something?

|If anyone can help us we would very much appreciate it.

|--
|	Thorunn Palsdottir      University of Iceland
|                                Computing Center
|				UUCP  thorunn@rhi.uucp

Jerry Whitnell                           It's a damn poor mind that can only
Communication Solutions, Inc.            think of one way to spell a word.
						-- Andrew Jackson

dwb@apple.UUCP (David W. Berry) (09/18/87)

In article <12@krafla.UUCP> thorunn@krafla.UUCP (Thorunn Palsdottir) writes:
>We are changing a MegaMax C program  to run under  LightSpeed C.  When linking
>we get an error saying that DisableItem and
>EnableItem are undefined.  According to the manual those functions should be
>in the MacTraps Library.
In general, if you get an undefined error on trap names when compiling
with LSC, make sure you are including the appropriate header files,
in this case MenuMgr.h.  Not all of the traps require glue routines and
those that don't are defined directly in the header files.

--
	David W. Berry
	dwb@well.uucp                   dwb@Delphi