[comp.sys.mac] Software Search Results

kerpelma@othello.steinmetz (dan kerpelman) (09/21/87)

Thanks for your replies to my recent software search.  Here are the results:

Word 3.01 (word for the Mac) - MicroSoft; $400
MacEqn (equation editor DA) - Recognition Technologies; Rochester, NY; $45
Expressionist (equation editor) - ?
JustText (postscript editor/display) - ?
ethernet adaptors - Kinetics
ethenet adaptors Mac II - National
Textures (TEX for Mac II)

There were no replies regarding MatLab.

Has anybody tried Servant .951 on the Macintosh SE?  When I try to cut and
paste in an application (MacPaint) running under Servant, the system hangs.

Dan Kerpelman                      ARPA:  kerpelman@ge-crd.arpa
GE Corporate R&D                   UUCP:  kerpelma@othello.steinmetz.ge.com
Schenectady, NY               GE DECnet:  ctsvax::kerpelman
USA                                 tel:  (518) 387-5086

riddle@emory.uucp (Larry Riddle) (09/22/87)

In article <7419@steinmetz.steinmetz.UUCP> kerpelma@othello.steinmetz () writes:
>Thanks for your replies to my recent software search.  Here are the results:

   [some results about particular software packages]

>There were no replies regarding MatLab.
>
>Dan Kerpelman                      ARPA:  kerpelman@ge-crd.arpa
>GE Corporate R&D                   UUCP:  kerpelma@othello.steinmetz.ge.com
>Schenectady, NY               GE DECnet:  ctsvax::kerpelman
>USA                                 tel:  (518) 387-5086

I tried responding about MatLab but my mail got bounced back.
A version of MatLab for the Mac is available from
   QED Associates
   1208 West Union Street
   Champaign, Illinois 61820
   217-352-3646

The latest version 1.0d runs on a Plus, SE and a Mac II. The cost
I believe is $50. It has been adapted for the Mac by Sal Cusumano and
Bruce Hannon with special help of Dan Kampmeier.

I have this product but have not used it extensively enough to give
a detailed report. Suffice it to say that it appears to do almost
everything the mainframe version does.

--
Larry Riddle        |  gatech!emory!riddle               USENET
Emory University    |  riddle@emory                      CSNET,BITNET