[comp.sys.mac] Mac SE Keyboard -- Whither ON/OFF switch?

rabbit@eddie.MIT.EDU (Warren J. Madden) (09/25/87)

	Well, I finally retired my venerable old 128K system and got an SE.
The article in MacUser reviewing it mentioned that both of the new
keyboards had an ON/OFF switch for the entire system.  Well, I've done
everything but disassemble my keyboard and I have yet to find anything even
resembling such a switch.  Is it there?  Or did Apple remove it from the
final version of the keyboard?  What gives?

Warren J. Madden
rabbit@eddie.mit.edu
...!eddie!rabbit

DISCLAIMER:  HE did it!

cbcscavc@cs1.UUCP@cs1.UUCP (Aviram Carmi) (09/27/87)

In article <6998@eddie.MIT.EDU> rabbit@eddie.MIT.EDU (Warren J. Madden) writes:

>	Well, I finally retired my venerable old 128K system and got an SE.
>The article in MacUser reviewing it mentioned that both of the new
>keyboards had an ON/OFF switch for the entire system.  Well, I've done
>everything but disassemble my keyboard and I have yet to find anything even
>resembling such a switch.  Is it there?  Or did Apple remove it from the
>final version of the keyboard?  What gives?

     The ON key is right there on the keyboard.  It is the key labeled with
a triangle (top center of the regular kbd, top right of the ext kbd).
But it only works with the Mac II, you press it and the power is up.
To shut off the Mac II, you select the 'Shut Down' command from the Special
menu and the Mac II will actually turn the power off for you.

---
Aviram Carmi, Dept of Computer Science, California State Univ, Northridge
UUCP:  {inhp4,hplabs,psivax,ttidca}!csun!cs1!cbcscavc