[comp.sys.mac] HyperCard distribution For New

makosky@makosky.UUCP (09/24/87)

I just bought Hypercard from my dealer in Nashua, NH. They almost wouldn't
sell it to me, saying that they were reserving the copies they had for
those customers who had bought Mac SE's after the Magic Date but before
they had Hypercard in stock. This leads me to believe that Hypercard
is not supposed to be _in_ the SE box, but that the dealer should give
you the Hypercard box with the SE box (or give you a voucher or some
piece of paper that says you get Hypercard as soon as the dealer has
it in stock).

							-Luke

Lucas H. Makosky

Applicon, a division of Schlumberger Technologies, Inc.
829 Middlesex Tpk.
P.O. box 7004
Billerica MA, 01821

uucp:
{allegra|decvax|harvard|yale|mirror}!ima!applicon!makosky
{raybed2|spar|ulowell|sun}!applicon!makosky
makosky@applicon.com

steele@unc.UUCP (09/27/87)

makosky@makosky.applicon.UUCP writes:
>I just bought Hypercard from my dealer in Nashua, NH. They almost wouldn't
>sell it to me, saying that they were reserving the copies they had for
>those customers who had bought Mac SE's after the Magic Date but before
>they had Hypercard in stock.

That's funny.  My dealer still won't give me HyperCard (I bought a Mac
three weeks ago) because all the copies they have are for sale, and
"Apple hasn't mailed us the free copies."  This is the same dealer who
kept me waiting three weeks for a working internal HD20 EPROM, because
"Apple didn't mail it until yesterday."  Is this legitimate?

Oliver Steele				  ...!{decvax,ihnp4}!mcnc!unc!steele
							steele%unc@mcnc.org

	"It takes three to hierarchy." -- John Smith

keith@uhccux.UUCP (09/28/87)

In article <1416@unc.cs.unc.edu> steele@unc.UUCP (Oliver Steele) writes:
>That's funny.  My dealer still won't give me HyperCard (I bought a Mac
>three weeks ago) because all the copies they have are for sale, and
>"Apple hasn't mailed us the free copies."  This is the same dealer who
>kept me waiting three weeks for a working internal HD20 EPROM, because
>"Apple didn't mail it until yesterday."  Is this legitimate?

No.  I bought HyperCard (I bought my mac a year ago), and the box, like
all apple products, does not come with a retail price stamped on it.
It's up to the dealer to decide how much profit she wants to make.
As a matter of fact, the dealer gave me a 20% discount off HyperCard
(I'm such a nice guy).
I would say your dealer is playing dirty pool by selling what copies
she has, and is waiting for a bulk shipment to give to you.  Whatever
the problem really is, if there are copies of HyperCard in the store,
you should be allowed to have one.--
INTERNET: keith@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu    PLATO: keith/uhcc/hawaii
UUCP:     {ihnp4,uunet,dcdwest,ucbvax}!sdcsvax!nosc!uhccux!keith
BITNET:   keith%uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu@rutgers.edu  CIS: 70611,2701