[comp.sys.mac] LSC projects v libraries

MJSCHMEL@pucc.Princeton.EDU (Michael J. Schmelzer) (09/26/87)

I've noticed that making a library out of MacTraps and other
project files is a good way to save space on my diskettes when
using LSC. Is there any disadvantage to this? What is the difference
between the two formats (other than you can't open a library as a
project)?

Since THINK is on the net answering questions, I'd just thought I'd ask.

cheers

singer@endor.harvard.edu (Andrew Singer) (09/28/87)

In article <3415@pucc.Princeton.EDU> MJSCHMEL@pucc.Princeton.EDU writes:
>I've noticed that making a library out of MacTraps and other
>project files is a good way to save space on my diskettes when
>using LSC. Is there any disadvantage to this? What is the difference
>between the two formats (other than you can't open a library as a
>project)?

The disadvantage is that projects are smart-linked at the level of their
components, and libraries are not. If you use a library, you're likely to end
up with a lot of dead code in your application.

		--Rich

**The opinions stated herein are my own opinions and do not necessarily
represent the policies or opinions of my employer (THINK Technologies, Inc).

Richard M. Siegel
Customer Support Representative
THINK Technologies, Inc.

Uucp: {decvax, ucbvax, sun}!harvard!endor!singer
Internet/Arpanet: singer@harvard.harvard.edu

No one writes programs that work right the first time. If they did,
I'd be out of a job.