[comp.sys.mac] MacKermit failure

mason@hillst.dec.com (Explaining is not understanding) (09/28/87)

Using the latest available Kermits on the VAX and the Mac, as I have been
for a while now successfully, I suddenly failed with a "zchki Failed: -37"
message. I am running 4.1/5.5, and a Mac 512Ke w/2MB and a MacBottom serial
HD20.  This error occurs very frequently nowadays, and I can't find a
description of the message anywhere.  Any ideas??

Thanks...Gary

singer@endor.harvard.edu (Andrew Singer) (09/28/87)

In article <11706@decwrl.DEC.COM> mason@hillst.dec.com (Explaining is not understanding) writes:
>Using the latest available Kermits on the VAX and the Mac, as I have been
>for a while now successfully, I suddenly failed with a "zchki Failed: -37"
>message. I am running 4.1/5.5, and a Mac 512Ke w/2MB and a MacBottom serial
>HD20.  This error occurs very frequently nowadays, and I can't find a
>description of the message anywhere.  Any ideas??

	The "zchki" is the sound that your hard disk head makes when it's
scraping on the disk surface. :-)

Error -37 is a bad file or volume name. How it relates to MacKermit, I
don't know. I do know that MacKermit had a number of troubles with later
systems, however...

		--Rich

**The opinions stated herein are my own opinions and do not necessarily
represent the policies or opinions of my employer (THINK Technologies, Inc).

Richard M. Siegel
Customer Support Representative
THINK Technologies, Inc.

Uucp: {decvax, ucbvax, sun}!harvard!endor!singer
Internet/Arpanet: singer@harvard.harvard.edu

No one writes programs that work right the first time. If they did,
I'd be out of a job.