[comp.sys.mac] MacPaint,PICT, etc file formats

gnome@oliveb.UUCP (Gary) (09/29/87)

Does anyone either have this data on line or give me a pointer
to it in some easily found document?

I'm looking for MacPaint, PICT, screen, and, if possible, Superpaint
file formats.  Since Superpaint (usually) can convert across file
formats, any data will help, but the more information on different
formats the better.

Thanks,

Gary
(hplabs,sun,allegra,ihnp4)oliveb!oliven!gnome

jww@sdcsvax.UCSD.EDU (Joel West) (09/29/87)

MacPaint: Macintosh Technical Note #86
PICT: Macintosh Technical Note #21; also see #27, #92 and
	Inside Macintosh, Volume 5 ("QuickDraw"), revised
	draft edition
Screen display: see PICT and Inside Macintosh, Volume 1 ("QuickDraw")
SuperPaint: contact Silicon Beach Software, which has a tech note

This may also be the subject of an article soon in MacTutor, since
I recently prepared a talk on the subject and thought others
might be interested...
--
	Joel West  (c/o UCSD)
	Palomar Software, Inc., P.O. Box 2635, Vista, CA  92083

singer@endor.harvard.edu (Andrew Singer) (09/29/87)

In article <6014@oliveb.UUCP> gnome@oliveb.UUCP (Gary) writes:
>I'm looking for MacPaint, PICT, screen, and, if possible, Superpaint
>file formats.  Since Superpaint (usually) can convert across file
>formats, any data will help, but the more information on different
>formats the better.

I don't know about the SuperPaint formats, but the MacPaint and MacDraw PICT
formats are documented in Macintosh Technical Notes 86 and 27, respectively.

		--Rich

**The opinions stated herein are my own opinions and do not necessarily
represent the policies or opinions of my employer (THINK Technologies, Inc).

Richard M. Siegel
Customer Support Representative
THINK Technologies, Inc.

Uucp: {decvax, ucbvax, sun}!harvard!endor!singer
Internet/Arpanet: singer@harvard.harvard.edu

No one writes programs that work right the first time. If they did,
I'd be out of a job.