[comp.sys.mac] INFO-MAC is back...

jww@sdcsvax.UCSD.EDU (Joel West) (09/29/87)

In case you missed it, INFO-MAC (aka comp.sys.mac.digest) is back,
hopefully for a while.

I happened to be talking to David Gelphman, former INFO-MAC moderator,
who explained the circumstances of its revival.

It seems the work previously held by a single moderator is now
being split three ways:

	David Gelphman
		editing digests
	Dwayne Virnau
		maintaining distribution
	Lance Nakata
		INFO-MAC archives

David has posted five digests and has another 50 messages to clear
before he's caught up.  It's my impression that the archives are
current, but presume that's accurately reflected in the digests.

I, for one, hope that INFO-MAC remains online.  I have no desire
to volunteer for the job(s) of moderator (lacking a 9600 baud line
to any internet machine is but one factor) but certainly have been
an avid reader and collector of the digests.

--
	Joel West  (c/o UCSD)
	Palomar Software, Inc., P.O. Box 2635, Vista, CA  92083

mrh@Shasta.UUCP (09/30/87)

In article <3981@sdcsvax.UCSD.EDU>, jww@sdcsvax.UCSD.EDU (Joel West) writes:
> I, for one, hope that INFO-MAC remains online.  I have no desire
> to volunteer for the job(s) of moderator (lacking a 9600 baud line
> to any internet machine is but one factor) but certainly have been
> an avid reader and collector of the digests.
> 	Joel West  (c/o UCSD)

    I, for two, hope that Info-Mac remains online, that is exactly why I
agreed to help try and continue the tradition. For Joel's information, I
also lack a 9600 baud modem (1200 baud is the best I can do), but the effort
goes forth nonetheless. I hope people give us a bit of time to get things
straightened up a bit and then we should be full blast.

David Gelphman   daveg%slacvm.bitnet@forsythe.stanford.edu