[comp.sys.mac] interrupt/reset buttons on MAC II

cosmos@druhi.ATT.COM (GuestRA) (09/28/87)

We recently got a Mac II at work and with it came the usual buttons.
However, I don't know where they go.  There doesn't seem to be any mention
of how to install them in the documentation I got.  Can someone clue my in?
Thanks,
Ron Guest
ihnp4!druhi!cosmos

singer@endor.harvard.edu (Andrew Singer) (09/29/87)

In article <2253@druhi.ATT.COM> cosmos@druhi.ATT.COM (GuestRA) writes:

>We recently got a Mac II at work and with it came the usual buttons.
>However, I don't know where they go.  There doesn't seem to be any mention
>of how to install them in the documentation I got.  Can someone clue my in?

They go on the righthand side of the machine, towards the back of the
air vents. If you turn the unit 90 degrees clockwise,and look carefully,
you'll see where the buttons should go.

I wonder why Apple didn't document this?

		--Rich

**The opinions stated herein are my own opinions and do not necessarily
represent the policies or opinions of my employer (THINK Technologies, Inc).

Richard M. Siegel
Customer Support Representative
THINK Technologies, Inc.

Uucp: {decvax, ucbvax, sun}!harvard!endor!singer
Internet/Arpanet: singer@harvard.harvard.edu

No one writes programs that work right the first time. If they did,
I'd be out of a job.

gert@nikhefh.UUCP (Gert Poletiek) (09/30/87)

In article <2901@husc6.UUCP> singer@endor.UUCP (Andrew Singer) writes:
>In article <2253@druhi.ATT.COM> cosmos@druhi.ATT.COM (GuestRA) writes:
>>
>>We recently got a Mac II at work and with it came the usual buttons.
>>However, I don't know where they go.  There doesn't seem to be any mention
>>of how to install them in the documentation I got.  Can someone clue my in?
>
>They go on the righthand side of the machine, towards the back of the
>air vents. If you turn the unit 90 degrees clockwise,and look carefully,
>you'll see where the buttons should go.

At the righthand side of the reset interrupt buttons pad 12 vertical vents
should be left free. The reset button is the one closest to the front of the
machine as on the other Macs.

Gert Poletiek

NIKHEF-H, Dutch National Institute for Nuclear and High Energy Physics
          Kruislaan 409, P.O.Box 41882, 1009 DB Amsterdam, The Netherlands
UUCP:     {decvax,cernvax,unido,seismo}!mcvax!nikhefh!gert
bitnet:   nikhefh!gert@mcvax.bitnet, U00025@hasara5.bitnet