[comp.sys.mac] MultiFinder & LightSpeed C

erik@hpsadla.HP (Erik Kilk) (09/29/87)

I'm still having troubles with LightSpeed C and MultiFinder.  Several
weeks ago I had problems opening an edit window and a replacement window
resources was posted by a THINK engineer.  That replacement allowed me to
edit again.  But now when I run, the machine just beeps and the LightSpeed
system goes "poof!".  This occurs whether I start by clicking on the LSC icon
or my project.

I'm worried since Jon Hueres at THINK told me that starting from the project
icon will allow me to run and correctly return to LSC (where starting from the
LSC icon will return to the Finder).  So it must be working for him.

Anyone not have problems?  Anyone at THINK know what I'm talking about?
Is there an estimate when THINK will release a new version compatible with all
of Apple's new system software?

I have MultiFinder 1.0b6 and LSC 2.11 (created with the update package posted
here).

Erik Kilk

singer@endor.harvard.edu (Richard Siegel) (09/30/87)

In article <2290010@hpsadla.HP> erik@hpsadla.HP (Erik Kilk) writes:

>Anyone not have problems?  Anyone at THINK know what I'm talking about?
>Is there an estimate when THINK will release a new version compatible with all
>of Apple's new system software?

	I have heard similar stories, but have not personally experienced
the problems you mention.

	Version 2.12 is going to beta, and it is (supposed to be) completely
compatible with MultiFinder.

		--Rich

**The opinions stated herein are my own opinions and do not necessarily
represent the policies or opinions of my employer (THINK Technologies, Inc).

Richard M. Siegel
Customer Support Representative
THINK Technologies, Inc.

Uucp: {decvax, ucbvax, sun}!harvard!endor!singer
Internet/Arpanet: singer@harvard.harvard.edu

No one writes programs that work right the first time. If they did,
I'd be out of a job.

mrh@Shasta.UUCP (10/02/87)

In article <2910@husc6.UUCP>, singer@endor.harvard.edu (Richard Siegel) writes:
> In article <2290010@hpsadla.HP> erik@hpsadla.HP (Erik Kilk) writes:
>
> 	Version 2.12 is going to beta, and it is (supposed to be) completely
> compatible with MultiFinder.
> 		--Rich

how about LightSpeed Pascal compatibility with MultiFinder? I'm sure
that is tougher but just as important. Rich?

David Gelphman   daveg%slacvm.bitnet@forsythe.stanford.edu

singer@endor.UUCP (10/03/87)

In article <2060@Shasta.STANFORD.EDU> mrh@Shasta.STANFORD.EDU (Marc Hannah) writes:
>how about LightSpeed Pascal compatibility with MultiFinder? I'm sure
>that is tougher but just as important. Rich?

	You're right; it is much tougher, because there now has to be a
context-switching environment within a context-switching environment. I don't
know exactly what the solution is here; only that it's being worked on.

		--Rich

**The opinions stated herein are my own opinions and do not necessarily
represent the policies or opinions of my employer (THINK Technologies, Inc).

* Richard M. Siegel | {decvax, ucbvax, sun}!harvard!endor!singer    *
* Customer Support  | singer@endor.harvard.edu			    *
* THINK Technologies, Inc.  (No snappy quote)                       *