[comp.sys.mac] SIMMS coming down in price?

jlc@atux01.UUCP (10/02/87)

I have seen/heard discussions about the cost of SIMMs coming down now and in the
next few months.  Do any of you have any SOLID leads regarding this?  I am in
the market to upgrade my SE to 2.5 Mb RAM.  I have called a place in Texas about
their 1Mb SIMMs for $249 each.  This seems like the best price around, but are
there better prices yet to come?  Is the market dropping generally?  Is it
better to wait now and buy later?  Anyone heard of any better prices?

Please post your replies to the net.

Thanks.

						Jim Collymore

cm450s02@uhccux.UUCP (jeff t. segawa) (10/04/87)

In article <542@atux01.UUCP> jlc@atux01.UUCP (J. Collymore) writes:
>I have seen/heard discussions about the cost of SIMMs coming down now and in the
>next few months.  Do any of you have any SOLID leads regarding this?
<excess deleted here>
>Please post your replies to the net.
>
>Thanks.
>
>						Jim Collymore

Check out the MacProducts USA ad in the October issue of MacUser. 1 Meg
SIMMs are listed at $199 there. I don't know how good they are,
as I've never done business with MacProducts before.

jww@sdcsvax.UCSD.EDU (Joel West) (10/04/87)

Again, Apple lowered their prices (see MacWeek), so that

			Old	New
Mac II 1Mb->2Mb		$349	$249

Mac Plus 1Mb->2.5Mb	$999	$599

Mac Plus 1Mb->4Mb	$1998	$1198
Mac II   1Mb->5Mb
--
	Joel West  (c/o UCSD)
	Palomar Software, Inc., P.O. Box 2635, Vista, CA  92083