[comp.sys.mac] Disk Stuffing

isle@dartvax.UUCP (Ken Hancock) (10/07/87)

In article <184@ur-tut.UUCP> akk2@tut.cc.rochester.edu.UUCP (Atul Kacker) writes:

>Well, then if you happen to insert the Mac disk upside down into the
>disk drive (This has happened to two people who came to me for help)
>perhaps you can sue the disk manuafcturer for not putting a
>'THIS SIDE UP' message on their floppies ;-)

Yup, you might be able to...BUT you can't stick a disk in upside down.  It
doesn't go in.  (Though it might with a good hammer :)  )

For those with inquiring minds, neither will it go in sideways, frontways,
or folded-in-half ways.

Ken

--
Ken Hancock      UUCP: isle@dartvax
               BITNET: isle@u2.dartmouth.edu

DISCLAIMER: If people weren't so sue-happy, I wouldn't need one!

wmcb@ecsvax.UUCP (William C. Bauldry) (10/07/87)

In article <7313@dartvax.UUCP> isle@dartvax.UUCP (Ken Hancock) writes:
>For those with inquiring minds, neither will it go in sideways, frontways,
>or folded-in-half ways.

 This sort of puts me in mind of an old occurance (back when I was stuck
with ibm pc's) in a summer computer camp that I taught in:
The kids worked for two weeks to generate a project. One fellow really
went at it and produced a nice piece of software. At the awards lunch
at the end of his session he proudly walked up to his mother, handed her
his disk and said "take care of this for me". She did. She folded it in
half and put it in her purse. We had to pull the kid off her...

Thanks for 3.5" Apple...

bill