[comp.sys.mac] Help on a LSP program

patel@smu (10/05/87)

I am writing an application (in Lightspeed Pascal) that displays various
types of objects of varying size and allows the user to move these objects
around.  Since the objects are of varying size, I cannot use ICONs to
represent them.  What is the best way of doing this?

If I use PICTs to draw these objects, then how do I detect that the user
has clicked inside a particular object?  How do I drag only the outline
of the object?

Any help would be appreciated.  Example source would be even better.

Nirav Patel

singer@endor.harvard.edu (Richard Siegel) (10/08/87)

In article <90000002@smu> patel@smu writes:

>If I use PICTs to draw these objects, then how do I detect that the user
>has clicked inside a particular object?  How do I drag only the outline
>of the object?

This isn't a LSP-specific problem, but I'll take a shot at it anyway.

You can probably set up a list of regions, and use PtInRgn() to see which
particular region landed in, and you can use DragGrayRgn() to drag a gray
outline of the region along with your mouse hit...

		--Rich

**The opinions stated herein are my own opinions and do not necessarily
represent the policies or opinions of my employer (THINK Technologies, Inc).

* Richard M. Siegel | {decvax, ucbvax, sun}!harvard!endor!singer    *
* Customer Support  | singer@endor.harvard.edu			    *
* THINK Technologies, Inc.  (No snappy quote)                       *