[comp.sys.mac] Switching of SE's internal harddisk

paulm@nikhefk.UUCP (Paul Molenaar) (10/09/87)

At one time I knew how to switch off the internal SE harddisk.
It required pressing and holding down numerous (read: too many ;)
keys (like shift, option, delete etc.) and it was very useful
when playing old, floppy-based games.

But my memory is deserting me. Could anyone please tell
me that key-combination? Much appreciated!

Paul Molenaar

	"Just checking the walls"
		- Basil Fawlty -

lriggins@afit-ab.arpa (L. Maurice Riggins) (10/09/87)

In article <251@nikhefk.UUCP> paulm@nikhefk.UUCP (Paul Molenaar) writes:
>At one time I knew how to switch off the internal SE harddisk.
>It required pressing and holding down numerous (read: too many ;)
>keys (like shift, option, delete etc.) and it was very useful
>when playing old, floppy-based games.
>
>But my memory is deserting me. Could anyone please tell
>me that key-combination? Much appreciated!

The combination is Command-Option-Shift-Delete (done while booting).
You don't have to use your nose to turn on the machine though.  If
you're quick, you can cause the reboot with the right hand and
immediately move it to the delete key.

--

Maurice                lriggins@afit-ab.ARPA