[comp.sys.mac] Simple Hypercard question

rpw@uvacs.CS.VIRGINIA.EDU (Ray Wagner) (10/07/87)

Anybody know how to get Hypercard to open on a particular
stack? I'd like it to be startup and open on the weekly
calendar stack.....

--
Ray Wagner
Computer Science Department               INTERNET - rpw@uvacs.cs.virginia.edu

keith@apple.UUCP (Keith Rollin) (10/09/87)

In article <2020@uvacs.CS.VIRGINIA.EDU> rpw@uvacs.CS.VIRGINIA.EDU (Ray Wagner) writes:

>Anybody know how to get Hypercard to open on a particular
>stack? I'd like it to be startup and open on the weekly
>calendar stack.....

It seems possible to me that Hypercard keeps its startup stack name in a
resource somewhere. If not, then there are 2 ways that come immediately to
mind:

1) In the Finder, double-click on the stack that you want.

2) Add a small script to your home stack that goes something like:

	on startup
	  GetHomeInfo
	  go to stack "Weekly Calendar"
	end startup

--

Keith Rollin                                               amdahl\
Sales Technical Support                               pyramid!sun !apple!keith

Disclaimer: I read this board for fun, not profit. Anything I say is from the
            result of reading magazines, hacking, and soaking my head in acid.

dwb@apple.UUCP (David W. Berry) (10/09/87)

In article <2020@uvacs.CS.VIRGINIA.EDU> rpw@uvacs.CS.VIRGINIA.EDU (Ray Wagner) writes:

>Anybody know how to get Hypercard to open on a particular
>stack? I'd like it to be startup and open on the weekly
>calendar stack.....
	Edit the stack script for the home stack.  You will find
	a startUp word defined there, if you modify it to be:

	on startUp
		getHomeInfo
		go to stack "Weekly Calendar"
		pass startUp
	end startUp

	it should do what you want, other than a brief excursion of
	displaying the home card...

--
	David W. Berry
	dwb@well.uucp                   dwb@Delphi

kerpelma@othello.steinmetz (dan kerpelman) (10/09/87)

In article <2020@uvacs.CS.VIRGINIA.EDU> rpw@uvacs.CS.VIRGINIA.EDU (Ray Wagner) writes:

>Anybody know how to get Hypercard to open on a particular
>stack? I'd like it to be startup and open on the weekly
>calendar stack.....

You can start hypercard by opening the stack icon that you want instead of the
application icon.  This will put you into that stack on starting up.  I've
only tested this with stacks I created myself.

Dan Kerpelman                      ARPAnet  :  kerpelman@ge-crd.arpa
GE Corporate R&D                   GE DECnet:  ctsvax::kerpelman
Schenectady, NY, USA               telephone:  (518) 387-5086

clubmac@runx.ips.oz (Macintosh Users Group) (10/12/87)

In article <6444@apple.UUCP> keith@apple.UUCP (Keith Rollin) writes:
>In article <2020@uvacs.CS.VIRGINIA.EDU> rpw@uvacs.CS.VIRGINIA.EDU (Ray Wagner) writes:
>>
>>Anybody know how to get Hypercard to open on a particular
>>stack? I'd like it to be startup and open on the weekly
>>calendar stack.....
>>

>It seems possible to me that Hypercard keeps its startup stack name in a
>resource somewhere. If not, then there are 2 ways that come immediately to

Yes Keith, the STR# resource "Misc", ID=1001, has as it's first string
the name of the startup stack.

Jason Haines, President

Club Mac Macintosh Users Group, Sydney, Australia
Phone Home: +61-02-73-4444
Snail:      Box 213, Holme Building, Sydney University, NSW, 2006, Australia
ACSnet:     clubmac@runx.ips.oz	   ARPA:   clubmac%runx.ips.oz@seismo.css.gov
UUCP:{enea,hplabs,mcvax,prlb2,seismo,ubc-vision,ukc}!munnari!runx.ips.oz!clubmac