[comp.sys.mac] "Pyro"mania/pack your "Suitcase" and go!

dhac@ur-tut.UUCP (Darren Jay Hacker) (10/08/87)

[to appease the hungry line eat* hrumph, chomp, chomp... BURP!]

Well, I went and bought this program (actually self installing DA) called
"Suitcase" today, and guess what...

FANTASTIC STUFF!!!  Now I have the flexibility of fonts, DAs, and FKeys that
I've always needed!  I don't have to build huge System files anymore!  I
can reduce my DA Tester and Font/DA Mover usages!  And as for PYRO!, the
CDEV/Screen Saver, that is included with it, it is probably the most
aesthetic, most convenient screen saver I have ever used!  I have not
given much of a shot at the PowerStation demo that comes with it, so I
haven't really formed an opinion.  This package is definitely well worth
the convenience and the rather impressive coding and design (it's very hard
to screw up while using it).  It is apparent that a lot of effort went into
this, and does not deserve to be number one on the "most pirated" list.
Let's prove William Steinberg wrong about his "PYRO!" being the most pirated
and give some support here!  (I paid for mine!)  Soooo, say no to copy pro-
tection AND *PIRACY* and buy yours today!  Remember, it is not often that
an invaluable piece of software for a "comparably low" price!

						Very satisfied,
						Darren Jay Hacker

P.S.: Send all of your comments on this product to the net.
P.P.S.: No flames please.  Besides, I am wearing a flame-proof suit.

Darren Jay Hacker	  Internet: dhac@tut.cc.rochester.edu
"The fault, dear Brutus,      UUCP: dhac@ur-tut.UUCP		    \ / ,|.
 is not in our stars,	       (or) ...{ames,cmcl2,decvax,rutgers}   X ( | )
 but in our software		       !rochester!ur-tut!dhac	    / \ `|'

mrh@Shasta.STANFORD.EDU (Marc Hannah) (10/13/87)

In article <218@ur-tut.UUCP>, dhac@ur-tut.UUCP (Darren Jay Hacker) writes:
> this, and does not deserve to be number one on the "most pirated" list.
> Let's prove William Steinberg wrong about his "PYRO!" being the most pirated
> and give some support here!  (I paid for mine!)  Soooo, say no to copy pro-
> tection AND *PIRACY* and buy yours today!  Remember, it is not often that
> 						Darren Jay Hacker
   I agree that the PYRO/Suitcase package is well worth the price Software
Supply asks. I must say however that it would be easier to keep PYRO from
being pirated if it were also available for ~$15-20 by itself. I think
SuitCase is in the 'essential' class of software but there are people who
don't realize this yet and still want PYRO. PYRO is the best screen saver
I've seen (next to AutoBlack, which doesn't work on the Mac II) and it is
a shame that more people can't buy it for a lower price.

David Gelphman   daveg%slacvm.bitnet@forsythe.stanford.edu

isle@dartvax.UUCP (Ken Hancock) (10/14/87)

Just in at MacConnection today... I called for the price -- $38!

What more could you ask for?

Ken

--
Ken Hancock      UUCP: isle@dartvax
               BITNET: isle@u2.dartmouth.edu

DISCLAIMER: If people weren't so sue-happy, I wouldn't need one!

pgn@usceast.UUCP (Paul Nevai) (10/14/87)

PowerStation, SuitCase, Red Ryder 10.0, QuicKeys (I have a demo of it), PopKeys (I
just wish it worked well with the new system/finder) are some of the best stuff
available for the Mac. PopKeys is free but the rest evolved from shareware
products/authors into commercial ones.
I wish good service to us customers and I wish great success to the authors including
all kinds of financial rewards!

Disclaimer: the usual one.

P.S. I wish PopKeys were made really compatible with the new system/finder!
P.S. I wish SuitCase would involve a PopKeys style interface to FKeys.

jad@beta.UUCP (John De Vries) (10/15/87)

In article <2097@Shasta.STANFORD.EDU> mrh@Shasta.STANFORD.EDU (Marc Hannah) writes:
.In article <218@ur-tut.UUCP>, dhac@ur-tut.UUCP (Darren Jay Hacker) writes:
.> this, and does not deserve to be number one on the "most pirated" list.
.> Let's prove William Steinberg wrong about his "PYRO!" being the most pirated
.> 						Darren Jay Hacker
.   I agree that the PYRO/Suitcase package is well worth the price Software
.Supply asks. I must say however that it would be easier to keep PYRO from
.being pirated if it were also available for ~$15-20 by itself. I think
.SuitCase is in the 'essential' class of software but there are people who
.don't realize this yet and still want PYRO.
.David Gelphman   daveg%slacvm.bitnet@forsythe.stanford.edu

Be this as it may . . .
I happen to like Oasis.  I like Oasis a _lot_.  I like Oasis more than
lots of DAs, fonts, etc.

With Oasis as my startup and Suitcase installed, I consistently get
bombs (ID=19) just after Oasis draws its window.

So I don't use Suitcase.

Zozzles T. Freep