[net.music] Album Titles

floyd@burdvax.UUCP (Floyd Miller) (11/03/83)

An all time great album title is "Out to Lunch" (Eric Dolphy)

bobr@tekgds.UUCP (11/06/83)

How about:

	Night of the Living Dregs	--	Dixie Dregs
	The Sound of Sunbathing		--	The Sinceros
	Ummagumma			--	Pink Floyd

The last one includes that ever popular song, "Several species of small
furry animals gathered together in a cave and grooving with a Pict."

(a pict is a form of scotish poet, I've been told).

--
Robert Reed, Tektronix Logic Design Systems, tektronix!tekgds!bobr

tbray@mprvaxa.UUCP (11/06/83)

And, of course, the best rock and roll album title ever:

 It's too late to stop now.   (Van Morrison live)

   Kind of says it all....

daemon@decwrl.UUCP (11/07/83)

From: Ed Featherston  HL01-1/P06  225-5241 <roll::featherston>

 Begin Forwarded Message:

Newsgroup : net.music
>From : VLNVAX::KARLSON
Subject : Album titles

A correction.  Pink Floyd - "Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered
In A Cave and Grooving on a Pict", is not the TITLE of a Pink Floyd Album,
but the name of one the songs on their album MORE, and also has been re-
released on the most recent greatest hits WORKS.  Some personal favorite

obscure,interesting(?), etc., titles:

Joe Walsh - You bought it, you name it.

Robin Williams - The Throbbing Python Of Love.

Boomtown Rats - The Fine Art Of Surfacing.

Who - Meaty, Beaty, Big and Bouncy.		! Not sure on this one.

				-Roy-

		Mail address : ...decvax!decwrl!rhea!vlnvax!karlson

 End Forwarded Message

carey@yale-com.UUCP (Orchid) (11/08/83)

I like the title "Courtesy" by Curtis A. (get it? Curtis E by Curtis A)
a nearly unknown but nonetheless great Minneapolis rock band.
Has a nice ring to it.

david@varian.UUCP (11/08/83)

Was it a Monty Python record that was called:
	See Other Side for Title
(this on both sides of the record)?

	David Brown, Varian

ejk47@ihuxn.UUCP (11/08/83)

Although, not an album title, the best song title I've heard was:

               PLEXIGLASS TOILET    By STYX

It was used as a fill on one of their early albums.

sutter@osu-dbs.UUCP (11/14/83)

	Even though it had no title in particular, is there
a record store on the planet where they wouldn't know what
you meant by "The White Album"?
	Among all the discussion of the latest weird titles
from the latest weird groups, still we must remember our
classic roots.
				--Bob Sutterfield
				  sutter@...cbosgd!osu-dbs