[comp.sys.mac] Macput on the blink....

ssegan@dasys1.UUCP (Sascha Segan) (10/16/87)

Okay, another question.
I tried downloading and xbinning Describe on my host, as I don't have
BINHEX 4.0 (I -do- have 5.0, tho.) Worked fine, I had to fix the filenames
(GRIPE) to be under fourteen characters, macput Describe, and then....
"No EOT after header. Bad header may mean corrupted Mac file."
Abort.
What's wrong here?
Thanks,
----Sascha
[PS: So far I've gotten ten Suitcase promos. I get the message --- thanks!]

--
Sascha I. Segan                   {allegra,philabs,cmcl2}!phri\
Big Electric Cat Public Unix          {bellcore,cmcl2}!cucard!dasys1!ssegan!

khayo@sonia.cs.ucla.edu (Erazm J. Behr) (10/17/87)

In article <1669@dasys1.UUCP> ssegan@dasys1.UUCP (Sascha Segan) writes:
>Okay, another question.
>I tried downloading and xbinning Describe on my host, as I don't have
>BINHEX 4.0 (I -do- have 5.0, tho.) Worked fine, I had to fix the filenames
>(GRIPE) to be under fourteen characters, macput Describe, and then....
>"No EOT after header. Bad header may mean corrupted Mac file."
   No idea - I use macput -u & unhex on the Mac; worked fine, but
despite the claim in the doc's (...this vsn works on ALL systems...)
Describe keeps bombing on my Mac+ with a reasonably new System/Finder.
Funny. (Or is it because I run it from a RAM disk?)  Eric