[comp.sys.mac] Music software for a mac

hohmeyer@degas.Berkeley.EDU (Michael E. Hohmeyer) (10/14/87)

I am looking for some software that will allow me to print
musical scores on a mac laser writer. Anyone have any suggestions?

lmm@labsms.UUCP (10/15/87)

Two software packages I know of for printing music onto a laserprinter

"Professional Composer" by 'Mark of the Unicorn'   (high dollar)

"Deluxe Music Construction Set" by 'Electronic Arts' (cheaper)

To print out on a laser printer you need the 'Sonata' font
by Adobe Systems. (The makers of PostScript)

I think there are others.

Larry McWilliams
ihnp4!labsms!lmm

wes@engr.uky.edu (Wes Morgan) (10/19/87)

In article <203200007@labsms.UUCP>, lmm@labsms.UUCP writes:

> "Deluxe Music Construction Set" by 'Electronic Arts' (cheaper)
>

> To print out on a laser printer you need the 'Sonata' font
> by Adobe Systems. (The makers of PostScript)

Not quite true.  The DMCS will load a bitmapped copy of Sonata to the
LaserWriter; I've found it to be suitable for all but the most intricate
work.

> Larry McWilliams
> ihnp4!labsms!lmm

Wes Morgan

--
Wes Morgan     UUCP: !{rutgers, rayssd, uunet, cbosgd}!ukma!ukecc!wes
            ARPANET: wes@engr.uky.edu        BITNET: wes%ukecc.uucp@ukma