[comp.sys.mac] Red Ryder 10.1 is on Genie NOW!

UD069225@NDSUVM1.BITNET (Eric H. Romo) (10/16/87)

For registered owners of Red Ryder 10.0 you can now get version 10.1
from the Freesoft RT on Genie. Its in a Stuffit(xxxxxx.sit) file. I thoughtsome
e out there may want to know. Sounds like the patch process is down the tubes-
This is a full working stand alone program, once it's un-stuffed.
-------
ERIC H. ROMO
<UD069225@NDSUVM1.BITNET>
CHEMISTRY DEPT. UNIV. OF NORTH DAKOTA
GRAND FORKS, N.D.

UD069225@NDSUVM1.BITNET (Eric H. Romo) (10/16/87)

Apparently, there are so many bugs in Red Ryder 10.1 that SWATSON pulled
it out of the Software Libraries and will upload a patch to convert it
(and 10.0) to v10.2 real soon now. Sorry if I got anyone misinformed
with my first message but I didn't think 10.1 would have been so buggy
that he'd pull it out of circulation. Thanks,
-------

khayo@sonia.cs.ucla.edu (Erazm J. Behr) (10/17/87)

In article <368UD069225@NDSUVM1> UD069225@NDSUVM1.BITNET (Eric H. Romo) writes:
>Apparently, there are so many bugs in Red Ryder 10.1 that SWATSON pulled
>it out of the Software Libraries and will upload a patch to convert it
>(and 10.0) to v10.2 real soon now. Sorry if I got anyone misinformed
>with my first message but I didn't think 10.1 would have been so buggy
>that he'd pull it out of circulation. Thanks,
   Upon donning my fireproof suit: you know, I'm sick & tired of RR. I
spent $xx to get 9.4 (having been led to believe that I'm paying for RR10),
then I'm told I need to spend an extra $40 for extra speed with extra bugs
and loads of esoteric extra features that I will never need. SWatson never
replied to my N letters on GEnie (even though this is listed as a way to get
support.) I dusted off my CMKermit, obtained thanks to the courtesy of one
of you and I'm slowly getting used to it. It's faster, more reliable vis a
vis Unix and I doesn't promise what it can't deliver. Bugger RR, bugger SW.
Sorry. Eric

Mark_Peter_Cookson@cup.portal.com (10/23/87)

You can also get 10.2!!!  I have it, but got it from a friend that got it from
GEnie (what can I say, I'm cheap (but I did pay the upgrade price for 10.0!)).

Mark Cookson