[comp.sys.mac] Multifinder and Font/DA Mover 3.6

moriarty@tc.fluke.COM (Jeff Meyer) (10/25/87)

In article <1719@dasys1.UUCP> cheeser@dasys1.UUCP (Les Kay) writes:
>In article <2036@sputnik.COM> moriarty@tc.fluke.COM (Jeff Meyer) writes:
>>The documentation for the Beta versions says that the FONT/DA Mover should
>>not be used under Multi-Finder.  I don't know if this will continue into the
>>released versions -- I know Suitcase will not allow you to open Font or DA
>>files under Multi-Finder (though you can have it auto-load them during
>>boot-up).
>First, let it be understood that I am using and referring to the RELEASE
>version of MultiFinder here - 6.0/4.2.  It is out, I have it, you will soon
>have it available too - just lean on your dealer.
>Font/Da Mover works just fine, thank you very much - so long as you use
>version 3.6 which comes with the release version of MultiFinder.

Excuse me, I wasn't being exact.  The one problem with using Multi-Finder
and Font/DA Mover 3.6 is that it will not let you remove any DAs (and, I
assume, any fonts) from the System File while under Multi-Finder -- it gives
you a dialogue box saying that you need to do this under the Finder.

I am very pleased, also -- the few bugs I found under the Beta version seem
to have vanished!  PowerStation seems to work well enough (still seems to
have a refresh problem) with MF.  Wonder if MS Works will operate under MF
with the release version?  Think I'll go try it....

PS  You are gonna LOVE VersaTerm 3.1 with MultiFinder -- worked on a letter
in MS Word while VersaTerm downloaded a 241K file in the background.  Simply
Mahvelous!

                    "What are you so damn
                     cheerful about?  The
                     stock market crashed!"
                                           "I'm a software engineer.  I
                                            TRAFFIC in human misery."

                                        Moriarty, aka Jeff Meyer
INTERNET:     moriarty@tc.fluke.COM
Manual UUCP:  {uw-beaver, sun, allegra, hplsla, lbl-csam}!fluke!moriarty
CREDO:        You gotta be Cruel to be Kind...