[comp.sys.mac] MacII compiler status

woo@pioneer.arpa (Alex Woo) (10/26/87)

A couple of months ago I asked for information on compilers
which are MacII compatible.  At the time I was having a lot of
problems with APDA and I eventually gave up on APDA and MPW
in favor of LSC.  But I am again curious as to status of
languages for the MacII.

Here is my partial list of compatible languages:

LightSpeed C ver 2.11
LightSpeed Pascal ver 1.11a
Absoft Fortran (latest update)
MPW Assembler, C, and Pascal

How about BASIC, FORTH, VIP, Turbo Pascal, etc?  I am not asking
for value ratings, just basic compatibility with the new
Toolbox and ROMS.

Alex Woo, MS 227-2		|	wu@ames-aero.arpa
NASA Ames Research Center	|	woo@ames-nas.arpa
Moffett Field, CA 94035		|	{seismo,topaz,lll-crg,ucbvax}!
Phone: (415) 694-6010		|	ames!pioneer!woo
  {hplabs,hao,ihnp4,decwrl,allegra,tektronix,menlo70}!ames!pioneer!woo

mrh@Shasta.STANFORD.EDU (Marc Hannah) (10/26/87)

In article <3219@ames.arpa>, woo@pioneer.arpa (Alex Woo) writes:
> A couple of months ago I asked for information on compilers
> which are MacII compatible.  At the time I was having a lot of
> How about BASIC, FORTH, VIP, Turbo Pascal, etc?  I am not asking
> for value ratings, just basic compatibility with the new
> Toolbox and ROMS.

    Mach2 Forth by Palo Alto Shipping Company is Mac II compatible. First
of all it runs find (FAST) on the Mac II. Second of all, PASC provides
the interfaces to the new ROM routines so you can take advantage of the
extra functionality. I'm not certain of the upgrade policy...I believe it
is either Free if you've updated to the previous version or is low priced.

I doubt there is much interest in Forth on the net but since you asked...

David Gelphman