[comp.sys.mac] How to Trash a Folder?

pgn@usceast.UUCP (Paul Nevai) (10/22/87)

Please Help!!!

I have an empty folder which I can't get rid of. Whenever I try to delete
it using the trashcan or DiskFit I get the file busy message.
I tried to change all kinds of bits using ResEdit but nothing worked.

How can I throw it away?

Have Orthogonal Polynomials
Will Travel

Paul Nevai                                N410106@univscvm.BITNET (PREFERRED)
Carolina Research Professor               .../!wright/!usceast/!pgn (UUCP)
Department of Mathematics                 pgn@cs.scarolina.edu.CSNET
University of South Carolina              73057,172.Compu$erve
Columbia, S.C. 29208                      1-(803)-777-3776.office
U.S.A.                                    1-(803)-777-4226.secy

joe@cbdkc1.ATT.COM (Jooooeeeee (love those vowels)) (10/25/87)

In article <2437@usceast.UUCP> pgn@usceast.uucp.UUCP (Paul Nevai) writes:

>Please Help!!!
>
>I have an empty folder which I can't get rid of. Whenever I try to delete
>it using the trashcan or DiskFit I get the file busy message.
>I tried to change all kinds of bits using ResEdit but nothing worked.

Ahhhh! you must have an invisible file in there (like the Desktop).
Use some disk thingy DA to remove it OR
Boot up some other disk, stick that one in and then toss it. That
way the current Finder won't have that disk's Desktop open.
Good Luck.

milt@orstcs.CS.ORST.EDU (Milt Sagen) (10/27/87)

I've had this problem before. After a reboot the folder can then be thrown
away.