[comp.sys.mac] Need info on alternative Mac printer

peter@aucs.UUCP (Peter Steele) (10/26/87)

A while ago, there was some discussion on an Imagewriter clone. I
believe it was by Panasonic, but at the time I had no interest in
such a printer so I didn't take many details in. A student here wants
to buy something a little less expensive than an Imagewriter, which
costs $1045 in Canada, and I told him I'd post a message. Does anyone
know about an imagewriter clone and how much it costs? Send your replies

Peter Steele Acadia Univ. Wolfville NS Canada B0P1X0 (902)542-2201x121
UUCP:{uunet|watmath|utai|garfield}dalcs!aucs!Peter BITNET:Peter@Acadia

bono@dartvax.UUCP (Christopher North) (10/28/87)

Check the new Icon Review Catalog for an
imagewrite clone for about $250.  I can't
recall the name as it was japanese.

--
Chris North
Dartmouth College                    or                320 Mammoth Road

creech@unc.cs.unc.edu (Jeff Creech) (10/29/87)

In article <7494@dartvax.UUCP> bono@dartvax.UUCP (Christopher North) writes:

>Check the new Icon Review Catalog for an
>imagewrite clone for about $250.  I can't
>recall the name as it was japanese.

I think we should do a quick rehash of the whole Imagewriter replacement
recommendations again.  I am in need of a printer that is less likely to
jam in a lab situation.

If I get any good mail responses I'll summarize to the net.

Jeff Creech
Macintosh Systems
Computer Services
UNC-CH

howard@mtunj.ATT.COM (H. Moskovitz) (10/29/87)

Orange Micro has come out with a new smart cable (Grappler?) that will
allow the Mac to use most of the popular (Epson compatible) printers on the
market. The printer has to have a parallel interface. The cable lists for
$99. With the cable the printer is supposed to work just like an
Imagewriter including color support (for those printers that do it).

		Howard Moskovitz
	AT&T Bell Labs @ Liberty Corner, NJ
		ihnp4!io!howard