[comp.sys.mac] Mac Pictures and Scrolling

jayn@oakhill.UUCP (Jay Norwood) (10/29/87)

I've been experimenting with quickdraw calls using MPW c on a MAC II.
It seems that the sequence OpenPicture, ScrollRect, ClosePicture, DrawPicture
does not produce the desired scrolling.  Other graphic operations seem to
be stored correctly - only the scrolling seems to be missed.  Did I miss
something in the documentation, or is this a bug/feature of the mac?
Jay Norwood

singer@endor.harvard.edu (Richard Siegel) (10/31/87)

In article <1028@oakhill.UUCP> jayn@oakhill.UUCP (Jay Norwood) writes:
>It seems that the sequence OpenPicture, ScrollRect, ClosePicture, DrawPicture
>does not produce the desired scrolling.  Other graphic operations seem to

	I usually first create the picture, then use ScrollRect, and
then handle the update event by offsetting the picture's drawing rectangle
by the desired amount, then call DrawPicture.

		--Rich

**The opinions stated herein are my own opinions and do not necessarily
represent the policies or opinions of my employer (THINK Technologies, Inc).

* Richard M. Siegel | {decvax, ucbvax, sun}!harvard!endor!singer    *
* Customer Support  | singer@endor.harvard.edu			    *
* Symantec, THINK Technologies Division.  (No snappy quote)         *