[comp.sys.mac] QuicKeys

pgn@usceast.UUCP (Paul Nevai) (10/28/87)

I have a demo version of QucKeys and it doesn't recognize the DataDesk 101
function keys.
Will the release version work with this keyboard? How? Are there any patches
available?

Paul Nevai                                N410106@univscvm.BITNET (PREFERRED)
Carolina Research Professor               .../!wright/!usceast/!pgn (UUCP)
Department of Mathematics                 pgn@cs.scarolina.edu.CSNET
University of South Carolina              73057,172.Compu$erve
Columbia, S.C. 29208                      1-(803)-777-3776.office
U.S.A.                                    1-(803)-777-4226.secy

moriarty@tc.fluke.COM (Jeff Meyer) (11/02/87)

In article <2443@usceast.UUCP> pgn@usceast.uucp.UUCP (Paul Nevai) writes:
>I have a demo version of QucKeys and it doesn't recognize the DataDesk 101
>function keys.
>Will the release version work with this keyboard? How? Are there any patches
>available?

The release version comes with an INIT file for the DataDesk 101 and the
Tangent Keyboards, which gives full support to all their function keys.

No time for a long review about QuicKeys -- but this is the kind of product
which, by itself, could replace dozens of other utilities I have.  When you
think of a tool for "Power Users", this one comes to mind immediately.  Well
worth the bucks, and another feather in the cap of CE Software.

                           "Everyone is entitled to an *informed* opinion."
                                            -- Harlan Ellison

                                        Moriarty, aka Jeff Meyer
INTERNET:     moriarty@tc.fluke.COM
Manual UUCP:  {uw-beaver, sun, allegra, hplsla, lbl-csam}!fluke!moriarty
CREDO:        You gotta be Cruel to be Kind...

cs162fed@sdcc18.ucsd.EDU (Grobbins) (11/03/87)

In article <2147@sputnik.COM> moriarty@tc.fluke.COM (Jeff Meyer) writes:
>When you think of a tool for "Power Users", this one comes to mind immediately

The great potential of QuicKeys is that it can abolish the need for
programmers to be clever about including hidden "power users"
keys.  Let us decide on our own short-cuts, and abolish the monthly
list of the latest control-shift-option-whatevers.

Grobbins.