[comp.sys.mac] Generating Break Signal on Mac 512K

ric@islenet.UUCP (Frederick Lee) (11/01/87)

I have an enhanced 512k Mac and would like to communicate to an Intel 310
mini-computer.

The Intel has a Hayes-compatible modem such as my Mac but uses 2400 bps
default.  The speed can be changed by sending a Break signal.

Question: How do I generate a break signal from my Mac?  I'm using Microphone
version 1.0.  I do also have access to Red Ryder ver 9.4.

cm450s02@uhccux.UUCP (jeff t. segawa) (11/04/87)

In article <3608@islenet.UUCP> ric@islenet.UUCP (Frederick Lee) writes:

>Question: How do I generate a break signal from my Mac?  I'm using Microphone
>version 1.0.  I do also have access to Red Ryder ver 9.4.

In the case of Red Ryder, I think you can send a break by hitting
command-shift-backspace for a long break, and shift-backspace
for a short one. Make sure that you have the "Modem break signal
keys supported" option selected.