[comp.sys.mac] MacTerminal 2.0 Problems?

munson@renoir.Berkeley.EDU (Ethan V. Munson) (11/04/87)

Is there a known compatibility problem between MacTerminal 2.0 and
System 4.1/Finder 5.5?  When we run MacTerminal 2.0 under this system
configuration, we get a number of odd behaviors including:

1) If the compatibility configuration is changed, upon quitting to the
Finder, the cursor becomes stuck, requiring a toggle of the on/off switch
to restart the machine.

2) When saving a new configuration file, the "open square" character
appears for every character typed to name the file, even though
the file name that the Finder shows later is correct.

We have a Mac Plus.  Behavior 1 has been reproduced on another Mac Plus.

Ethan Munson
munson@renoir.berkeley.edu
{ucbvax,ucbcad}!renoir!munson

chuq%plaid@Sun.COM (Chuq Von Rospach) (11/04/87)

>Is there a known compatibility problem between MacTerminal 2.0 and
>System 4.1/Finder 5.5?  When we run MacTerminal 2.0 under this system
>configuration, we get a number of odd behaviors including:

Yes. Macterminal did a no-no and used a low memory variable reserved for the
system that just happened to be unused prior to 4.1 (same thing that makes
Megamax binaries fail under 4.1). MacTerminal 2.2 works fine (it had better,
I'm using it now!) -- and should be available from your local friendly Apple
dealer.

---
Chuq "Fixed in 4.0" Von Rospach			chuq@sun.COM	Delphi: CHUQ

jww@sdcsvax.UCSD.EDU (Joel West) (11/04/87)

In article <21581@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU>, munson@renoir.Berkeley.EDU (Ethan V. Munson) writes:
> Is there a known compatibility problem between MacTerminal 2.0 and
> System 4.1/Finder 5.5?  When we run MacTerminal 2.0 under this system
> configuration, we get a number of odd behaviors including:

MacTerminal 2.0 has the infamous BasicGlob (low memory global
$02B6) problem that broke so many programs under System 4.1.
Version 2.2, now available from your dealer, fixes this problem;
as I recall, 2.1 also has the problem, but don't quote me.
--
	Joel West (c/o UCSD)
	Palomar Software, Inc., P.O. Box 2635, Vista, CA  92083