[comp.sys.mac] MetaWindows

garrett@udel.EDU (Joel Garrett) (11/04/87)

In article <329@koel.rmit.oz> rcopm@koel.rmit.oz (Paul Menon) writes:

>    On a different tack - I occasionally look at what's happening to the
>blue-chip crowd.  I was told of this amazing NEW package called Meta-windows.
>I am not sure how long it has been on the market, but I could only smile
>when I opened the manual and saw a part of the list of routines available.

MetaWindows has been on the market for at least 3 years now.  It was a
"product of the month" in PC Tech Journal back when it 1st came out.
I thought it was really impressive, too.  Much more viable for the average
programmer than the Windows Development kit - Cheaper too ;-)  The best
part about it was it's ease of adaptation to run just about any graphics
card when given enough information. Oh well, I guess people just want
Graphics software development on the IBM and its cousins to be harder
(and more expensive) than it has to be.

>Paul Menon.
>
>    Dept of Communication & Electronic Engineering,
>    Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology,
>    124 Latrobe St, Melbourne, 3000, Australia
>
>ACSnet: rcopm@koel             UUCP: ...!seismo!munnari!koel.rmit.oz!rcopm
>CSNET:  rcopm@koel.rmit.oz     ARPA: rcopm%koel.rmit.oz@seismo
>BITNET: rcopm%koel.rmit.oz@CSNET-RELAY
>PHONE:  +61 3 660 2619.