[comp.sys.mac] Lightspeed Pascal questions

rcb@rti.UUCP (Randy Buckland) (10/27/87)

I have a couple of questions about the LSP editor.

	- Is there any plans to make it support arrow keys? This would
		be extremely convient

	- Is there any plans to include support for user definable
		macros? (as in MEdit) This would be extremely useful to
		do things like define keys to produce comment blocks
		and other standard structures.
--
					Randy Buckland (919)-541-7103
					Research Triangle Institute

singer@endor.harvard.edu (Richard Siegel) (10/27/87)

In article <1811@rti.UUCP> rcb@rti.UUCP (Randy Buckland) writes:
>I have a couple of questions about the LSP editor.
>
>	- Is there any plans to make it support arrow keys? This would
>		be extremely convient

	Yes.

>	- Is there any plans to include support for user definable
>		macros? (as in MEdit) This would be extremely useful to

	Macros are a good idea, but for the moment the priority is on
speeding up the prettyprinter and making the editor more flexible.

		--Rich

**The opinions stated herein are my own opinions and do not necessarily
represent the policies or opinions of my employer (THINK Technologies, Inc).

* Richard M. Siegel | {decvax, ucbvax, sun}!harvard!endor!singer    *
* Customer Support  | singer@endor.harvard.edu			    *
* Symantec, THINK Technologies Division.  (No snappy quote)         *

taylorj@byuvax.UUCP (10/30/87)

Rich Siegel responds:

>         Macros are a good idea, but for the moment the priority is on
> speeding up the prettyprinter and making the editor more flexible.

I respond:

Does "making the editor more flexible" mean nice things like not being forced
to put braces around each comment line, and telling the editor that you
would rather it put BEGIN at the end of the line instead of on a line all
by itself?  If not, please consider both suggestions.  Thanks.

--Jim Taylor

stevem@hpvcla.HP.COM (Steve Miller) (11/05/87)

    Does making the editor more flexible also mean being able to turn on/off
    the syntax checking at will so that non-Pascal files can be edited too.
    Also it would be nice to turn it off when some wicked editing of a Pascal
    routine needs to be done, and then turn it on when complete to see if
    everything was done correctly.

      -Steven Miller

singer@endor.harvard.edu (Richard Siegel) (11/07/87)

In article <3770005@hpvcla.HP.COM> stevem@hpvcla.HP.COM (Steve Miller) writes:

>    Does making the editor more flexible also mean being able to turn on/off
>    the syntax checking at will so that non-Pascal files can be edited too.

	I don't think it will be possible to turn off the editor completely.
Usually what I do when I need to edit a non-Pascal file (C source, or
generic textfile) I use a desk accessory text editor, like AppleEdit...

>    Also it would be nice to turn it off when some wicked editing of a Pascal
>    routine needs to be done, and then turn it on when complete to see if
>    everything was done correctly.

	Again, I'm not sure that you'll be able to toggle the editor in
and out at random. What defines "wicked editing"?