[comp.sys.mac] Dropping DTR

cjdb@sphinx.uchicago.edu (Charles Blair) (11/06/87)

Programs like MacKermit don't drop the line (carrier, DTR) on
quitting, unlike Macterminal, for example. Is there is a software
program one can run to do this? Source O.K.

(I realize I can pull my connection apart physically, but I hate
reaching under my desk all the time :-)  ).

Thanks for any help.

--
Bitnet:	  	 lib.cb@uchicago.bitnet
Internet:      lib.cb@chip.uchicago.edu

sbb@esquire.UUCP (Stephen B. Baumgarten) (11/08/87)

In article <2576@sphinx.uchicago.edu> cjdb@sphinx.uchicago.edu (Charles Blair) writes:
>Programs like MacKermit don't drop the line (carrier, DTR) on
>quitting, unlike Macterminal, for example. Is there is a software
>program one can run to do this? Source O.K.

Both Red Ryder and Versaterm can be configured to drop DTR on exit; although
neither supports server mode (like MacKermit does), Versaterm does support
multiple file send/receive and long packets in Kermit.  It also gets my vote
for best Mac terminal program, but hey, that's just my opinion...

--
   Steve Baumgarten             | "New York... when civilization falls apart,
   Davis Polk & Wardwell        |  remember, we were way ahead of you."