[comp.sys.mac] Screen-savers for II, MultiFinder

steele@unc.cs.unc.edu (Oliver Steele) (11/07/87)

emuroga@uiucdcsb.cs.uiuc.edu writes:
>    Also, has anyone found a screen-saver DA that will work on the Mac II?

FadeToBlack works and is automatic; Stars1.8 is manual and works in 2-bit
mode; I suspect a fair number of the manual ones work.

However, I can't find anything that is invoked automatically and works
under MultiFinder (both FadeToBlack and Stars1.8 fail)!  Dimmer was a
nice device, but seems to require reinstallation almost every time I boot
(otherwise it draws the icon with a black X through it).  Does anybody
have 1) a fix to Dimmer or 2) a similar product: must run on II and under
MultiFinder; preferably does not block such processes as printing and
download?

Oliver Steele				  ...!{decvax,ihnp4}!mcnc!unc!steele
							steele%unc@mcnc.org

  "But remember, it's never too late to take Swahili." -- Peter Wolfenden

lsr@apple.UUCP (Larry Rosenstein) (11/09/87)

In article <1926@unc.cs.unc.edu> steele@unc.UUCP (Oliver Steele) writes:

>Does anybody have 1) a fix to Dimmer or 2) a similar product: must run on
>II and under MultiFinder; preferably does not block such processes as
>printing and download?

Considering the number of recent request for a screen blanker, I have decide
to post the one I wrote (called AutoIdle) to comp.binaries.mac.

AutoIdle is compatible with all version of the Macintosh and Multifinder
(except for 1 thing, which is mentioned in the documentation), it uses color
on a Mac II, and works properly with multiple screens on a Mac II.  It is
not a product, and it does not provide a lot of features that might be in
other such programs.

Enjoy.