[comp.sys.mac] teltnuag CRC error

howard@mtunj.ATT.COM (H. Moskovitz) (11/09/87)

I retrieved 'teltnuag' from comp.binaries/mac and when I tried to un-binhex
it, it gave me a CRC error. I'm not sure which part is giving me the
problem. Could someone mail me the parts again. i am anxious to try this
game out.

				Thanks, in advance.
		Howard Moskovitz
	AT&T Bell Labs @ Liberty Corner, NJ
		ihnp4!io!howard

UD101425@NDSUVM1.BITNET (Dan Eldridge) (11/11/87)

I also had a problem when tring to un binhex teltnuag, so if someone would mail
 me the program also I would appreciate it.

                                                   Thanx,
                                                    Dan

Tim_M_Dierks@cup.portal.com.UUCP (11/12/87)

>I retrieved 'teltnuag' from comp.binaries/mac and when I tried to un-binhex
>it, it gave me a CRC error. I'm not sure which part is giving me the
>problem. Could someone mail me the parts again. i am anxious to try this
>game out.

I had the same problem...  All I did was kill the description text at the
beginning, and then it worked...  Maybe there was something in there that
managed to get by the text filter?

Enjoy yourselves...

Tim Dierks

C4TKG3@IRISHMVS.BITNET

-=- University of Notre Dame, Home of the Fightin' Irish -=-

sbb@esquire.UUCP (Stephen B. Baumgarten) (11/13/87)

In article <1400@cup.portal.com> Tim_M_Dierks@cup.portal.com writes:
>>I retrieved 'teltnuag' from comp.binaries/mac and when I tried to un-binhex
>>it, it gave me a CRC error. I'm not sure which part is giving me the
>>problem.
>
>I had the same problem...  All I did was kill the description text at the
>beginning, and then it worked...  Maybe there was something in there that
>managed to get by the text filter?

I think BinHex just looks for a ':' and starts decoding from there.  It may
be that all the news lines at the top confuse it occasionally.  Once I
started using bhcomb (which strips those lines out), I haven't had a problem.

--
   Steve Baumgarten             | "New York... when civilization falls apart,
   Davis Polk & Wardwell        |  remember, we were way ahead of you."