[comp.sys.mac] Teltnuag ][a

clubmac@runx.ips.oz (Macintosh Users Group) (11/03/87)

Has anyone noticed that this 'adventure' game does NOT like living in a
folder? To prevent it from crashing, I had to place ALL the files at
the root level. This program is really in need of some work.

What a waste of 210K...

Further to this, why not use StuffIt before binhexing, rather than using
PackIt III (Roger Long doesn't invoke compression) ???

Jason Haines, President

Club Mac Macintosh Users Group, Sydney, Australia
Phone Home: +61-02-73-4444
Snail:      Box 213, Holme Building, Sydney University, NSW, 2006, Australia
ACSnet:     clubmac@runx.ips.oz	   ARPA:   clubmac%runx.ips.oz@uunet.css.gov
UUCP:{enea,hplabs,mcvax,prlb2,uunet,ubc-vision,ukc}!munnari!runx.ips.oz!clubmac

eric@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (Eric Fielding) (11/05/87)

In a recent article bytebug@felix.UUCP (Roger L. Long) wrote:
>In article <870024@hpcilzb.HP.COM> Chris Christensen writes:
>>Speaking of teltnuag (cute name, though shomewhat backward ;-) has any is to
>>run on their system? I tried both 3.2 and 4.1 systems on a mac plus and it
>>bombed both times.
>Make sure you heed the warning about not putting Teltnuag into a folder.
>A silly restriction, but my copy seemed to run once I moved everything to
>the top level.

Not only must the program be at the top level of the disk, but the
MacinTalk file has to be in the system folder on the same disk as the program
for the program to find it.  It does work when you set it up on its own
disk with a system and all the room files at the top level of the disk, but
it does make the program less user-friendly, especially when it crashes the
system.

				++Eric Fielding

BITNET: eric@crnlthry
Internet:  fielding@geology.tn.cornell.edu

andrew@ems.Ems.MN.ORG (Andrew C.Esh) (11/14/87)

	While you folks are at it, could you send a full copy my way. I'm new.

Thanky