[comp.sys.mac] Where is the "Hal" SoundPlay sound?

tedj@hpcilzb.HP.COM (Ted Johnson) (11/09/87)

Does anyone know if the "Hal" SoundPlay sound ("I'm sorry Dave, but I
can't do that.") is available for anonymous ftp from any internet sites?
It isn't at SUMEX....  Thanks!

		-Ted

dlw@hpsmtc1.HP.COM (David Williams) (11/11/87)

Ted send me a desk message with your address and mail stop and I'll
send it interoffice mail.

David L. Williams
Hewlett Packard
Cupertino
ITG/ISD

waldman@endor.harvard.edu (benjamin Waldman) (11/12/87)

In article <870033@hpcilzb.HP.COM> tedj@hpcilzb.HP.COM (Ted Johnson) writes:

>Does anyone know if the "Hal" SoundPlay sound ("I'm sorry Dave, but I
>can't do that.") is available for anonymous ftp from any internet sites?
>It isn't at SUMEX....  Thanks!

The only sound I've found is the Twilight Zone sound at sumex, and I'd
like to find more.  Does anyone know what other sounds are available
and from what source (preferably free)?
				Thanks,
				Ben Waldman

				waldman@endor.harvard.edu

borton@net1.ucsd.edu (Chris Borton) (11/12/87)

In article <870033@hpcilzb.HP.COM> tedj@hpcilzb.HP.COM (Ted Johnson) writes:
>Does anyone know if the "Hal" SoundPlay sound ("I'm sorry Dave, but I
>can't do that.") is available for anonymous ftp from any internet sites?

Since I've seen quite a few requests for different sounds and in an effort to
avoid worsening the already-high net traffic, I will be happy to field SASE
disk requests for my set of sounds.  A summary of the 'biggies' is:
Mr. Ed, 3 Stooges Wooboobooboo, Frankie's 'Welcome!', "Hal", Introducing the
Apple //GS, Monty Python's "..the machine that goes Ping!", and of course, the
first part of Dire Straits' "Money for Nuthin'"

Self-Addressed Stamped Envelopes with a disk to:

Chris Borton
7888 Camino Kiosco
San Diego, CA  92122

These were all given to me as PD ware, so I trust they are.  The MUG in Davis
is putting together a few PD disks of sounds, so I assume BMUG and others have
many already.

Happy sound-hacking!  [I've got a really funny version of Money for Nuthin' now]

-cbb
Chris "Johann" Borton, UC San Diego	...!sdcsvax!borton
					borton@ucsd.edu or BORTON@UCSD.BITNET
Letztes Jahr in Deutschland, nog een jaar hier, en dan naar Amsterdam!
"H = F cubed.  Happiness = Food, Fun, & Friends."  --Steve Wozniak

holland@reed.UUCP (My sister's brother) (11/17/87)

Summary:Well, how do I ftp??

Well, after reading this discussion of ftp-ing PD and shareware programs,
I'd like to know how to do this. Can someone please post or email me
directions how to do this?
Thanx in advance,

		-Mike

--
Michael L. Reerink | Disclaimer: I don't have an employer so I don't need
   Reed College    | a disclaimer. But I might as well just fill these 3